Philip Seymour who is an Oscar winning actor, was found dead from what is being reported as a heroin overdose inside a Greenwich Village apartment Sunday, cops reported. David Bar Katz, screenwriter and friend went to check on Hoffman after missing an appointment to pick up his children. Katz called the cops after finding Philip in his underwear on a bathroom floor.
The family has released a statement:
“We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Phil and appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from everyone. This is a tragic and sudden loss and we ask that you respect our privacy during this time of grieving,” Hoffman’s family said in a statement. “Please keep Phil in your thoughts and prayers.”